The Macs Hotel was first licensed in 1864 by John MacDonald; whose son is credited with naming the hotel. In 1871 the lease for the hotel was transferred to ‘Archie’ Mackenzie, who later purchased the hotel in 1881.
Nowadays, the Macs Hotel has undergone a transformation, beginning with the accommodation level, gaming area, bistro dining and Cider Garden bar.
Today the Macs Hotel features a number of areas including an eclectic bistro dining room, cider garden bar complete with deck area, accommodation rooms, gaming room, parlour dining room and an indoor kids play area. This historic hotel with its central location (located only 1.7kms from the Blue Lake), provides guests with affordable accommodation, a broad range of regional food and wine, live entertainment, DJ's on Saturday's from 9pm and the latest in gaming.